Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Stink Bugs


Ok, I know this is a weird one but the past several years have seen the spread
of this pest on the east coast and  yuck. They are so disgusting! I am not looking
forward to them swarming all over the houses in search of warmth for the winter
again. Follow the links for more information on this wonderful creature NOT.
I am getting itchy just writing my Haiku blog tonight.

Shield shaped brownish bugs
with a stink to raise the roof
Back from whence* you came!

Penn State College of Agricultural Sciences - Brown Marmorated Stink Bug

University of Maryland Extension Home and Garden Information Center - Brown Marmorated Stink Bug

Brown Marmorated Stink Bug

















*For some reason tonight I am looking up even more cool stuff than usual.
I wondered about my wording in the Haiku of "from whence" and looked it
up. Does the phrase 'from whence' include a redundant word?
 
Here is a link to what I found.

World Wide Words - from whence

No comments:

Post a Comment